Search

Alumni Chapter Leadership Blog

Get To Know A DAE Member: Rachel Collins

December 23rd, 2013

image

Delta Alpha Epsilon (DAE) is a student service organization dedicated to serving Cedarville University’s alumni. DAE assists the Alumni Association with chapter and regional events, Homecoming, and various other needs around the Alumni Relations Office. Students must reapply each spring to be a member of this highly selective organization.

My name is Rachel Collins; I am a junior Strategic Communication major with minors in Public Relations and Bible. I am from Bellbrook, OH but was raised wherever the Air Force sent my family.

This past year, I have had the the opportunity of being a part of Delta Alpha Epsilon (DAE), a small organization of junior and senior students whose job is to assist the Alumni Relations office at Cedarville by keeping alumni connected with Cedarville. DAE has been one of my favorite experiences while at Cedarville. Through it I have made lifelong friends, traveled to several different states, and gained experiences and skills that I can take with me beyond Cedarville.

It is difficult to pick out a favorite memory from DAE so far. There have been so many good ones – from telling riddles on our many van rides, to planning a project for Homecoming 2013: Together, to seeing the Blue Man Group in Chicago, to meeting scholarship donors and recipients at the Legacy Banquet, to white water rafting, and so much more.

One memory that does stick out in particular was a trip to North and South Carolina during Fall Break this year. Only a couple of us DAE members were able to go, but it was still one of my favorite trips. Our purpose over this trip was to help set up a new chapter in Charlotte, North Carolina, and host a young alumni event in Greenville, South Carolina. We met with several possible new chapter leaders and scouted out several possibilities for chapter events. Over the course of this trip, we got to reconnect with friends that had graduated Cedarville while we were in school, stay with Randy and Kristen Schmitke (’91), go rock climbing, visit a unique farmers market, and bond as a team.

I am so thankful for the experiences and the opportunities I have with DAE. My Cedarville experience would not be the same without it. I can’t wait to see what my next few semesters at Cedarville hold and what our next DAE adventure will be.