HeartSong Blog

HeartSong Reign In Us

No Return

June 27th, 2012

Wow! I can’t believe it’s already the end of the second week of HeartSong tour. It’s crazy how fast it goes by, but I can confidently say that no time has been wasted. We couldn’t have asked for a better first week of tour leading Worship Camp at Cedarville University. Not only did we get to spend the week with another HeartSong team who were leaders as well, but we also got to connect with kids and worship alongside them all week. This past week, we had the opportunity to minister with NewSong Fellowship Church in Lancaster, PA, at Camp Strive. This was no ordinary camp. The camp actually took place at the church where we got to lead two worship sets everyday—one in the morning and evening. Chuck Beckler spoke every morning with the theme of “No Return,” learning how to serve without expecting anything in return while being aware of people’s different needs. On Monday, we went with the campers to an organization called Gain. This Christian volunteer organization packs and sends clothes, food and other supplies to countries in need around the world. It was awesome to spend an entire afternoon taking part in serving people in need. It really makes one aware of not only how blessed we are, but also how far a little help goes. On Tuesday, we went street evangelizing with the campers. At first, I really wasn’t sure how this was going to go. But, after stepping back with my group of campers and just asking God for His help and guidance, it ended up being an amazing afternoon! It was so encouraging to see these junior and senior high campers walk up to strangers and share the gospel. That’s something God has really been teaching me lately. My faith in God requires action and boldness, and I can’t be reminded of that enough. Camp Strive really challenged our HeartSong team to be intentional in serving others; not just physical needs but being aware of others’ spiritual and emotional needs as well. As believers, it can be a tendency to get caught up in ourselves and in our own lives so much that we often miss the needs of others.

After we spent the week at NewSong, we made our way to Paden City, West Virginia, where we got to play an outdoor concert! This was an incredible night of worship with the community where we got to share our hearts through music.

God has been teaching us so much already! I can’t imagine what else He has in store for us over the next 8 weeks. Right now, we’re in the van on the way to Scioto Hills Camp in southern Ohio. I am SO excited for this senior high week at “Revolution” camp. This is my home camp that I grew up going to every summer since elementary school, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to go back! We can’t wait to make more lasting relationships with students as we seek God this next week. Thanks for all your continued prayers!