HeartSong Blog

HeartSong Reign In Us

A glimpse of heaven

June 22nd, 2013

I find it so interesting that even though I am at camp to minister to kids, that the kids are ministering to me. Last night during our evening session I wanted to praise and sing to God forever. I didn’t want the music to stop. Everyone in the chapel was worshipping together and it was amazing. As I was standing there, I realized how awesome heaven would be someday. There were only around four hundred people there, but the praises of our Lord were being proclaimed and it was awesome. I can’t help but look forward to the day when even knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.

That day is coming. EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess Christ. Some will proclaim Christ out of their love and gratefulness for his sacrifice. But for others it will be out of fear because they do not know God. How terrifying it will be that day for the unbelievers and how wonderful it will be for the followers of Christ. In the book my team is reading together, the author said, “If you dislike a holy God now, why would you want to be with him forever? If worship does not capture your attention at present, what makes you think it will thrill you in some heavenly future?” (DeYoung) Those are challenging questions. If we don’t love Christ now, why would be love him in heaven? It’s simple, we won’t. If we don’t know Christ as our savior on earth, we will not know him in as our righteousness before God in heaven either.

As a follower of Christ and having this knowledge, makes spreading the gospel all the more important. I know that Christ is coming back and I will be ready. But I don’t want to be alone on heaven’s shore. That means that I need to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth. Right now that means to students at camp, host families, camp staff, everyone that I come into contact with. Christ has given us this amazing gift of salvation, I will sing and shout, I will tell the whole world that Christ is Lord.

-Aleska