HeartSong Blog

HeartSong Reign In Us

All to the glory of God

July 19th, 2013

This week my team has the privilege of being at Crossings Camp in Kentucky. During the afternoons at camp we are split up into different activities and get to hang out with campers and do things like Bazooka Ball, zip lining, cake eating, and my favorite; swimming. But the best part about camp is the small group time. On the first night of camp I got to meet my staffer (or as Crossings calls them), servants. This girl, Jessie, is awesome and completely sold out for Christ. Her knowledge of the word and her passion for knowing the Lord is contagious. It is amazing to see her passion reflected in the girls of our small group.

When our small group got together for the first time, we learned names and Jessie and I shared our testimonies with the girls. When we had finished a few girls asked if they could also share. It was an awesome time of hearing how God had called these precious girls to Himself. As I listened, one girl stood out to me. Her story was not a crazy one. She was saved at a young age and had grown up in a Christian home. She told us how her mom was diagnosed with a disease that is slowly taking control of her body. As she talked, tears came to her eyes, but instead of sadness, they were tears of joy. She was excited for how God was working through her mom’s illness, even though the illness could take her mom away. The other awesome thing about this girl is her desire to serve the Lord with music. Even though this girl is just entering high school she is already searching for a college where she can learn how to become a worshiper. I could not help but make a connection with her, because our passions are exactly the same. She longs for God to be glorified through what He has given to her.

965344_638004396223663_1332905779_o

What an example this girl is. She found the gift that God has given her and she is using it to glorify Him. I was reminded of something a speaker said a few weeks ago; “As Christians we should leverage everything we have to glorify God, to become the best at what God has gifted us with to make His name great.“ We should live to bring glory to God. As it says in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” This is one of the challenges God has placed heavy on my heart and I hope He places on yours as well. Can you imagine what our world would look like if we leveraged everything we have to glorify God?

-Aleska