Search

HeartSong Blog

HeartSong Reign In Us

Living on Mission

October 21st, 2013

Every tour with HeartSong is an adventure. This fall break tour was no different. Our adventure started out with a 5:00 a.m. call on Thursday. We got in the van and drove to a school in Columbus. This school is not an openly Christian school. Most of the teachers are Christians, but the students do not have to be professing Christians. As we set up it dawned on me the impact we could possibility have on the students. What a unique place to minister; we had the opportunity to lead the students in worship during their assembly in the morning. After the assembly we went into the classrooms and had the students ask us questions about Cedarville, college, and life in general. As I spoke with students I realized how the smallest actions and words could have huge impact. I also thought of how we only a had a small amount to make an impact for the kingdom. That thought stayed in the forefront of my mind all break.

The next day had my team driving to northern Indiana to hang out with a youth group and to have a time of worship with them. We got to enjoy a bonfire and s’mores, making scarecrows, and playing Can Jam. I got to talk with some really unique students and it was wonderful to be able to encourage them. Again the thought of how little time I had in that church entered my mind. The next morning we got back in the van and drove to Crossroads Community Church in Mansfield. We were able to lead worship for their services on Saturday and Sunday. I was so encouraged by this church. Even though the majority of their church body comes from an un-churched past they had a passion for worshiping God. It was beautiful to be able to worship with them.

As I said earlier God impressed on my heart the idea that we do not have a lot of time. For fall break tour we had four days to make an impact for the kingdom of God. Did we use our time well? But more importantly I started asking do we use our time well every day? What does our walk with the Lord look like? Do we pursue Christ passionately knowing that he is coming back soon? Do we look forward to Christ’s coming like we look forward to Thanksgiving break? Our God is the everlasting God; from age to age he remains the same, he never changes, our God never fails. But we change and our lives on earth are short. We must live with an urgency to share the gospel. Christ is coming back! It is time we live that way. God has graciously called us out of our darkness and into his glorious light. We must respond by telling every man, woman, and child about his wonderful gift.

Be encouraged by this passage of scripture from 1 John. “God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”

-Aleska