“I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
Here are the Friday, March 13 COVID-19 related updates:
The Great Midwest Athletic Conference announced today the cancellation of all spring athletics competition and championships. All team-related activities have been suspended through April 6. (Read G-MAC News Release for additional information.) Pray for our Yellow Jackets coaches as they coordinate next steps and our student-athletes now moving home.
For faculty and staff who have transitioned to working remotely, Cedarville’s Information Technology department has created a Canvas CU@Home course that will be used to share tips on how to maintain good communication and top productivity. Check out the new “Working Remotely” link on this site.
More than 400 viewers tuned in for the “Answering Your COVID-19 Questions” Online Town Hall with Dr. Zach Jenkins and Dr. Thad Franz from our School of Pharmacy this afternoon at 4 p.m. Dr. Jenkins presented a 30-minute “primer” that is very helpful to understanding the outbreak and the unprecedented actions that are being taken to control it. In case you missed it, we’re sharing it here as a helpful resource:
And now for some good news! Chapel will resume starting Monday, March 16, at 10 a.m. in an online format. You’ll be able to join the University family virtually and access chapel via Facebook Live or the Chapel Live flag on the University website. We will be sharing top messages from our archives and keeping our hope in Christ while we’re apart. Join us!
Finally, here is a reminder of the prayer requests Dr. White asked us to bring to the Lord in the coming days:
- Pray for revival in our nation beginning with us.
- Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with lost friends and relatives who may be worried about the uncertainty brought on by COVID-19, and pray for the Spirit to draw the lost to salvation.
- Pray for wisdom for all of our national, state, and local leaders.
- Pray for wisdom from above for all of us making decisions at Cedarville.
- Pray for our churches that are experiencing equally difficult decisions.
- Pray for the health and safety of our Cedarville family and our relatives.
- Pray for our faculty members as they seek to convert classes to an online format in a very short period of time.
- Pray that we will be able to resume the semester in April and hold graduation so that our seniors may be able to finish what they have started with some level of normalcy.
- Pray for God to be glorified and for us to serve well during these unprecedented times.
Posted in: Updates