April 17 Update: Senior Celebration Save the Date and Dr. White Concludes “Faithful” on Monday

April 17, 2020 |

Save the Date - Class of 2020 Senior Celebration - Saturday, May 2 at 10 a.m. EDT

For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

Today’s updates include Senior Celebration save the date, senior post, new life in Christ, and Dr. White concludes his Faithful series on Monday.

Senior Celebration – Graduates, parents, faculty, staff, and friends, save the date — Saturday, May 2, at 10 a.m. EDT — for our online Senior Celebration! We are excited to come together virtually to honor, and celebrate the Class of 2020. Watch for viewing information coming soon.

Facebook post with daffodilsCelebrating Our Seniors – We’re continuing to share some of our seniors’ memories as they conclude their final semester online and post their thoughts on social media. Today, we’d like to share a recent post from Kris Gibboney as he reflects on his time at Cedarville.

I remember the first day of Getting Started Weekend as if it were just yesterday. Somehow, nearly four years have passed, and here we are at the end of this portion of each of our journeys.

These 1,000 days have been a wild ride. Difficult course loads, fun campus and bro-sis events, field experience upon field experience, and more. It was life – complete with struggles and hurt, of course, but also fruitful discipleship and genuine, close friendships. Cedarville has truly been a greenhouse for spiritual, emotional, and relational growth. There have been hard times, but God has always been there, and there has always been a light on the other end.

In the end, as the semester strangely winds down to an end, and as I look to filling out job applications, considering future places of residence, and praying for guidance, I’m left with three fantastic, consistent things:

1. God is faithful and He can be trusted.
2. The friends I have made here – the close brothers I know and who know me deeply – are friends … family for life.
3. That which unites us – the blood of Jesus Christ – is stronger than anything that could divide us.

He Who Has the Son Has Life – Today we were blessed by a message from SGA Chaplain Isaac Dye, reminding us from John 5:11-13 that the Triune God gives life to those who believe in Jesus’ name. If you missed it, watch it now.

Isaac Dye speaking

Monday in Chapel – Join us at 10 a.m. via Facebook Live or the chapel livestream as Dr. White concludes his yearlong “Faithful” series from the book of Nehemiah.

And as we close this work week and look forward to a time of rest this weekend, enjoy another photo from campus.

Posted in: ,

1 Comment

• Dana Fought says:

As the mother of a Cedarville freshman, I have been so blessed and encouraged by the many reflections from members of the Class of 2020. As I read each one, it is clear that there is great joy mixed with a certain sadness that is difficult to reconcile. Although my heart breaks for these students because their time at CU was abruptly cut short, it is abundantly clear that these 1,000 days at Cedarville University has produced young men and women full of the Spirit of God, grateful for the godly instruction they received and the lifelong friendships that they made. My prayer is that my own daughter might one day echo those same thoughts and feelings upon her graduation. The CU Class of 2020 has a mighty task before them, but they are clearly prepared and able to take on the challenge! I pray the Lord’s richest blessings over each one of them.