April 8 Update: #CUGIVEHOPE and Jesus Is Enough

April 8, 2020 |

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:10)

Today’s update includes #CUGIVEHOPE giving day, Dr. White on Facebook Live, another senior post, Jesus is enough, and tomorrow in chapel.

#CUGIVEHOPE – We are overwhelmed by the generosity of the Cedarville family on our #CUGIVEHOPE giving day. Generous donors have already given more than $175,000 that will provide scholarships and emergency funding for students hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic. There is still time to join in and give hope to our students.

Dr. White Facebook Live – As part of today’s #CUGIVEHOPE giving day, Dr. White was live on Facebook this afternoon, sharing senior memories and stories of student needs. He also had a few surprise guests join him. If you missed it, watch it now.

Celebrating Our Seniors – We’re continuing to share some of our seniors’ memories as they conclude their final semester online and post their thoughts on social media. Today, we’d like to share a recent post from Lydia Jacobsen as she reflects on her time at Cedarville.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -A.A. Milne
Even though my last year at Cedarville ended sooner than I anticipated, I have so much to be thankful for. I got to live in The Palace with amazing unit mates, finished my Capstone project, met wonderful new friends, spent time with close friends, and had almost all of my favorite professors’ classes this semester. Thank you to all the people who invested time into my life and made my experience so special. I miss you all and I can’t wait until I can come back to Cedarville to visit.

Lydia jacobsen

Jesus Is Enough – We were blessed by a message from Dr. Jon Wood today, reminding us from Philippians 3:1-11 that Jesus is all we need. If you missed it, watch it now.

Jon Wood speaking in library

Tomorrow in Chapel – Join us at 10 a.m. via Facebook Live or the chapel livestream for a rebroadcast of a message from Mark Vroegop, lead pastor at College Park Church, titled “The Battle Lines.”

Posted in:

3 Comments