“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11).
This week’s updates include:
- a preview of what in-person classes will look like for fall semester
- responding to Ohio’s travel advisory
- tasks to do now that will simplify your return to campus
- free telehealth service available to all students
- COVID-19 packing reminders
- mask safety tips and where to order your Yellow Jacket branded masks
We begin this week’s update with an engaging interview with Dr. Tom Mach, Vice President for Academics, discussing what students can expect to see in their classes this fall. Enjoy this latest episode in our Caring Well. Staying Well. video series.
Responding to Ohio’s Travel Advisory – Last week, Ohio’s governor implemented a travel advisory that recommends a 14-day self-quarantine for travelers to Ohio from states with a 15% or higher COVID-19 test positivity rate. Although we will not make self-quarantine a requirement for Cedarville students and families or our faculty and staff who are returning from personal travel, we encourage you to exercise caution in your activities and interactions between now and Getting Started as we prepare for a healthy return to campus.
Avoid Lines, Simplify Your Return – Students, before you arrive on campus next month, be sure to complete the following tasks if you have not already done so:
- Order your books online.
- Submit a campus ID photo (new students). We will have your ID card ready when you arrive on campus!
- Register your vehicle for a parking pass.
- Sign up/confirm your information in the Emergency Notification System.
Virtual Healthcare Available to Students – As announced in the Caring Well. Staying Well. COVID-19 Operating Plan, Cedarville will make a free virtual healthcare (telehealth) service available to all students. Students will have 24/7-access to board-certified doctors for healthcare consultations via phone or video. Be looking for information soon on how to enroll for this service.
Packing for Campus – Students, as you’re packing to come to campus, here are a few items to bring that likely weren’t on your radar this time last year:
- Thermometer for daily wellness checks
- Masks that show your style. (Yellow Jacket-branded masks are now available from the online bookstore with neck gaiters coming next week.)
- Cleaning wipes to sanitize your personal spaces
- A lawn/camp chair or blanket to enjoy outdoor chapels
You can find the complete list of what to bring online.
Mask Safety Tips – In light of the mandatory mask order implemented in Ohio on Thursday, July 23, here are helpful mask safety tips:
- Put on and take off your mask from ear to ear to avoid touching the main part of the mask.
- Avoid touching your mask while wearing it.
- Adjust mask if needed from the very top (on your nose) or very bottom (under your chin).
- Wash you hands if you touch your mask.
- Wash your mask regularly.