Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
This week, we plan to send updates on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. What a joy to see students on campus again! Resident Assistants began arriving this weekend, and Getting Started leaders are coming today. Campus is beginning to spring to life. We are surely embarking upon an unprecedented year as a campus community and humbly trusting the Lord for His protection and favor as we stand for the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ. Please be in prayer for Getting Started and all who will be traveling this week. Today’s updates include:
- Practical advice from infectious disease expert Dr. Zach Jenkins
- Personal wellness checks
- Contacting Financial Aid
- Packing reminders
- Information for faculty and staff
We begin with another Caring Well. Staying Well. video featuring Dr. Zach Jenkins, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and infectious disease specialist, discussing practical things we can do to have a more confident return to campus.
Personal Wellness Checks – As we prepare for a healthy return to campus, please be sure to conduct a personal wellness check before leaving home, monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. If you exhibit any of these symptoms, contact your physician. Please do not come to campus if you are ill or under a quarantine order. Email email@example.com to make arrangements for your delayed return, and contact University Medical Services at 937-766-7862 so they can assist with any health concerns. We will be glad to work with you!
Contacting Financial Aid – Due to COVID-19 restrictions, if you need to reach the Financial Aid office, the preferred method of contact continues to be through email. Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s name, Cedarville ID, and the nature of your request in the subject line. Please note: Parents of current students who email Financial Aid should also include their student’s privacy permission code word within their email. Emails will be directed to the appropriate staff member to assist you. To schedule an appointment with Financial Aid, please use the Contact page to find the appropriate staff member for your situation; then, click the staff member’s “Schedule a Zoom or Phone Appointment” button to set up a meeting. Appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance. We look forward to serving you!
What to Bring to Campus – As you are finalizing your packing (or just getting started!), be sure to include a thermometer, masks, and a lawn chair or blanket for outdoor chapels. You can find a complete list of what to bring online.
Information for Faculty/Staff
- Caring Well. Staying Well. Resources – Our creative team has created a series of Caring Well. Staying Well.-branded graphics and signage that you can download from the resources page for use in your classrooms or offices.
- Faculty/Staff Parking for Getting Started – Please help us welcome our new students and their families well! On Friday, August 14, faculty and staff are asked to consider the following to help alleviate parking congestion due to having so many visitors on campus:
- Enter campus through the Bridge Street entrance (SR 72 entrances will be used by the new Yellow Jackets and their families)
- Carpool if possible
- Park in the following parking lots:
– New parking lot behind West Dorm (The Hill)
– Gravel lot by the soccer field
– Baseball parking lot