May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace! (Psalm 29:11)
We’re just a few days from Getting Started Weekend, and we can’t wait to have all our students back on campus. Please continue to pray for students and families as they travel and for a great start to the academic year.
Today’s updates include:
- Communication plan for fall semester
- Free prescription delivery for students
- A sneak peak at completed new facilities on campus
- Update on fall sports
- Student jobs on campus
- Updating emergency notification information
- Getting answers to fall schedule questions
We begin with our communication plans for sharing timely information and news this fall. Watch for updates via the following communication channels:
- Caring Well. Staying Well. blog – We will continue to send out weekly update emails to students, faculty, staff, and parents with pertinent information.
- Canvas (Cedarville’s learning management system) – Students and faculty will see academic-related notifications at the top of their Canvas pages (e.g., class location is moved).
- Campus Screens – Monitors throughout campus will be regularly updated with daily reminders, public service announcements, and chapel information (e.g., who will be in Jeremiah Chapel that day).
- Texting – Texts will be sent if there is more time-sensitive information (e.g., chapel moved inside due to weather).
- Social Media – Some Caring Well. Staying Well. updates will also be posted to University social media channels.
Students should also be aware that if there is a positive COVID-19 case on campus, contact tracing communication will come directly from our partners at Greene County Public Health.
Cedar Care Village Pharmacy Delivery – Now it’ll be easier than ever for students to receive their regular prescriptions at school. Cedar Care Village Pharmacy in downtown Cedarville is offering free prescription delivery to campus for students, five days a week from 2–4 p.m. After arriving at the post office, prescriptions will be kept in the safe (or refrigerator, if necessary). Students will be notified when their prescription is ready for pickup, and they must present their ID to receive it. Visit Cedar Care’s website to transfer a prescription and request prescription delivery. Click “New Patient” and provide your current pharmacy information and Cedar Care can request to transfer all prescriptions from your home pharmacy.
Campus Construction Is Complete! — We’re celebrating God’s provision as all three new buildings were completed on schedule, even in the middle of a pandemic. We can’t wait for you to arrive to see them for yourselves. Here’s a sneak peak!
Fall Sports Update – Following a recent decision by the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC), Yellow Jacket volleyball and men’s and women’s soccer fall seasons will be postponed until spring 2021.
Working on Campus – Students, if you are interested in working on campus, check out the Student Employment Resources page. You’ll find a link to job postings, plus important documents that you must bring to campus in order to secure a job.
Emergency Notification – Be sure to review and update your Emergency Notification information. This allows you to be notified in the event of an emergency on campus, such as inclement weather or a security threat. Students can add their parents’ numbers as well to keep them informed of incidents on campus.
Do You Have Questions About Your Schedule? – New students, if you missed the “Finalizing Your Schedule With the Registrar” livestream last week, we’ve made it available on demand. If you have questions about your fall schedule, we have answers! Watch it now.