Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)
We have enjoyed our two-day emphasis on global outreach this week in chapel. This COVID season has reminded us to make the most of every day, especially when it comes to reaching others with the Gospel.
Today’s update includes:
- Increased spectators at athletic events
- Reminder to wear masks in Centennial Library
- Relaxed Ohio curfew
- Reduced pricing for rapid COVID tests for faculty, staff, and community
- Vaccines coming to Cedar Care
Spectators at Athletic Events – Cedarville University is allowing a limited number of spectators for Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Volleyball. Total attendance will be less than 300 for each event, with the breakdown as follows:
- All team members (including cheerleaders) will be allowed a limited number of tickets.
- Visiting teams will be allowed a set number of tickets.
- A limited number of tickets will be available to Cedarville University faculty, staff, and students. As long as tickets are available, students will have access to one ticket each, while faculty and staff will be able to reserve two tickets. Tickets will become available online at the Ticket site 24 hours prior to the start of each home event.
Basketball doubleheaders are being split. Each men’s and women’s game is a separate ticketed event. Social distancing is expected, and masks are required.
Masks in the Library – As a reminder, masks must be worn at all times in the Centennial Library. Thank you for doing your part to care well for others.
Ohio Relaxes Curfew – And now for some good news … Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced yesterday that the curfew for the state of Ohio has been extended to 11 p.m. Relaxing the curfew is tied to the state’s lower hospitalization numbers. Ohio’s curfew does not apply on-campus or to working, picking up food, or buying necessary supplies off-campus.
Reduced Price COVID Tests for Cedarville Community – Cedarville University is partnering with Cedar Care Village Pharmacy to offer COVID-19 rapid testing at a discounted price of $25 (regular price $75) for those living or working in the village of Cedarville. Cedar Care schedules appointments for COVID-19 rapid testing Monday through Saturday. If you have questions or need to be scheduled, please call Cedar Care at 937-766-2273 during business hours. University Medical Services will continue to coordinate all testing for students in quarantine. COVID-19 testing on campus for quarantined students is being offered free of charge.
Vaccines at Cedar Care – Cedar Care has started taking requests for those interested in the COVID-19 vaccine. Cedar Care is approved to be a state provider of the COVID-19 vaccine; we will provide further information once they are stocked with COVID-19 vaccine supply to provide to the public. Cedar Care also administers other vaccines including flu, shingles, and pneumonia; these can help you fight off other viruses that are common during the winter months. If you are interested, please ask a Cedar Care associate for further details.