Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name. (Psalm 30:4)
We have made it to March and the halfway point in the semester. We are so grateful for the Lord’s continued gracious protection of our campus community. The March 2 COVID-19 reporting dashboard showed just one student isolating on campus and four isolating off-campus. Praise the Lord!
This week’s Caring Well post includes:
- A commencement planning update
- COVID vaccines now available at Cedar Care
- Clarification on guidelines for quarantining after getting the vaccine
- Spring sports spectators policy
Commencement – We are continuing to make plans to hold commencement in person on May 1. We are awaiting further guidance from the governor — hopefully coming this week — and will provide additional information as soon as possible.
COVID Vaccines at Cedar Care – Cedar Care Village Pharmacy is now offering COVID-19 vaccinations to eligible patients. Those in the Ohio Phased Approach for vaccine distribution Phase 1A and Phase 1B are currently being prioritized, and starting Thursday, March 4, Phase 1C and Phase 2 will be eligible. Cedar Care also recently received 100 doses of the Johnson & Johnson one-dose vaccine that patients can choose as supply lasts. If you qualify for a COVID-19 vaccine, schedule an appointment online. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please call the pharmacy at 937-766-2273.
Quarantine Exemption After Vaccination – The CDC has recently clarified guidelines related to quarantine for those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. There is a 14-day waiting time after receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before you can be exempt from quarantine.
Spring Sports – As Yellow Jacket athletes begin their spring seasons, Athletics has released the following guidance for spectators at outdoor sporting events:
Soccer /Track & Field
- Tickets available online. No tickets purchased at the site.
- Faculty, staff, and students will have access to approximately 150 tickets for each match. Tickets will be available online for a 24-hour window beginning the day before the match.
- Maximum capacity of the bleachers is 300.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
Tennis Courts (Outdoor)
- No charge to watch event.
- No spectators inside the fence. Home/visitor fans sit in surrounding area on blankets and/or lawn chairs.
- Social distancing is required. Masks are required when social distancing is not possible.
- No charge for admission.
- Chairback seats (baseball) are available for approximately 50.
- There will be no bleacher seating for spectators. Home/Visitor fans may sit in surrounding area on blankets and/or lawn chairs.
- Social distancing is required. Masks are required when sitting in chairback seats and when not socially distanced.