Move Out FAQs

Last Update: March 27, 2020

What if I cannot make it to campus by May 2?

For those who are currently impacted by state or military travel restrictions and are concerned you will not be able to come to campus by May 2, please communicate your circumstances with the Residence Life office or your Resident Director in the weeks ahead and we will seek to accommodate you.

What is being done to ensure the residence halls are safe for re-entry?

We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our students and guests. The University closely monitors state and national statements regarding COVID-19. Our health measures are designed to address COVID-19 and include the following.

A heightened cleaning protocol has been implemented, which includes sanitization after each move-out shift. Students are required to provide assurance of personal health for two weeks prior to accessing campus, and all visitors to campus are expected to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet and consistent hand washing. Additionally, the number of visitors who may accompany a student is limited to two.

May I stay in my room overnight when I move out?

Overnight stays in the residence halls are not permitted. We must restrict overnight stays in order to maintain the guidance we have been provided to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Students residing in the residence hall would significantly increase the opportunities for virus spread/contamination beyond the ability to sanitize and reasonably maintain the safety of those who would follow to move out of the same room or residence hall. We recognize the inconvenience of this and regret the impact, but we must maintain the health of the entire Cedarville University student community and beyond. Hotels in the region currently remain open and are accepting reservations.

Several local hotels are currently running discounts. We may also be able to assist with securing a hotel discount. Please contact the Residence Life office if we may assist you with a hotel discount.

Will I be able to use my meal plan to eat on campus when I return?

Due to the refund on room and board, you will not be able to utilize your meal plan to eat on campus. You may purchase a to-go meal at the dining hall for lunch or dinner using cash or card. Information regarding Dining Hall hours is found online.

Will I be able to send someone else to pack up my dorm room?

We recommend that students pack their own personal belongings. Due to various state expectations, Cedarville University move-out expectations, and limited access to the residence halls, if a student cannot personally pack their belongings, we will aim to accommodate you. Please communicate your circumstances with the Residence Life office or your Resident Director in the weeks ahead.

What if I need to cancel my move out reservation?

We understand circumstances are quickly changing. If you need to cancel your move-out reservation, please contact your Resident Director directly and they will give you further instruction. We recommend if you have signed up for a move-out date later in the semester, that you keep that reservation for now and evaluate the situation within the week of your arrival.

Return to the Move Out page ยป