March 25, 2020 by

In 2020, there were a lot of changes made to a lot of people’s lives. It is easy to say that Cedarville was affected by these changes, too. The Global Outreach team at Cedarville endured these changes when all trips were canceled due to the COVID outbreak. Although this was a time of frustration, it is important to remember that God knows exactly what He is doing – we must remain still and watch Him. Those are words that we must remember not only during a time of frustration and confusion, but during every moment that we are on this earth. In this blog, Keith Holcomb, a member of the Global Outreach staff, provided us with a message that can be helpful in many circumstances.  

I Will Be Exalted Among the Nations – A Message to Remember

Among many cancellations that happened in the past couple of weeks, we announced last week that Cedarville Global Outreach trips are canceled for this coming summer.  This of course was difficult news for GO staff as well as the faculty, staff, and students who had been praying, planning, and fundraising.  I was planning on leading a trip this summer myself, so I was feeling the weight of disappointment on that level as well. 

However, during confusion and disappointment, in the middle of the wondering, God speaks to us from His Word.  The morning the announcement was made, I was reading Psalm 46.  I came across the very well-known and often quoted phrase in verse 10, Be still and know that I am God.” 

But how perfectly paired with that phrase is the next one, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  God knows exactly what He is doing.  He can work without our help!  Be still and watch Him.  He will be exalted among the nations.  Nothing can stop Him. 

Let’s watch and pray.  Pray for the missionaries you were supposed to be serving with this summer.  Pray for the people you were supposed to be ministering to.  Pray for God’s glory to be known! 

We in Global Outreach are so grateful for many of you who were willing to bring Gospel hope to a different part of the world.  Lord willing, you’ll have opportunity in the future to see that desire fulfilled.  Let’s trust that in the waiting, that in the quiet, while the world is “on hold,” we can be still and know that He will be exalted. 

–Keith Holcomb, Global Outreach Staff 

Tags: , ,
Posted in: