May 21, 2022

Written by Carissa Johnson, member of HeartSong Orange

I have the privilege of traveling on the Transformed Tour team this month as a vocalist for HeartSong. The days are truly flying by … we are already halfway done with the tour! I have seen the hand of God at every event and rest day. God is working in the hearts of the team and those we get to meet on the road.  

The event in Denver was very special to me. I grew up in Monument, Colorado, which is just south of Denver. Being back in the mountains and seeing the wildlife all around us brought me back to my childhood. I couldn’t help but stop and thank God for how far he has brought me since I moved out of Colorado.  

The event began as all events do, setting up the equipment and meeting church staff. The Lord has grown in me a greater appreciation for the local church and I enjoy seeing how each church operates. The Atwell family was so kind to host us for a couple days and the event was at their home church! Their whole family spent the day with us at the church helping in any way they could.  

We felt very cared for by the Atwell family and they shared with us a deep love for Cedarville because both Jason and Courtenay Atwell worked at the University! I am continually encouraged by all the new faces we get to meet along the way, but more than that have loved to see the bond of Christ bring us together. The Atwell family showed us Christ as they prepared meals, talked with us, and opened up their homes. It is not a small feat to let 12 humans use your showers! 

This event was the first event outside of the Midwest, and that meant we had a lot more first impressions. I was able to meet so many individuals who had not visited campus or had only heard about it through the grapevine. This was unique and special, as I was able to share how Cedarville has changed my life and contributed to my spiritual growth! Even as we travel farther west we still meet people at the events and on rest days that have connections to Cedarville!  

I had a sweet conversation with a mom of a current Cedarville student in Denver. I am studying to be a nurse and she works as a nurse, so she had a lot of wisdom and encouragement for me. She shared with me how the Word preached and songs sung were life-giving to her. It is so special to attend a University that has the support of so many all over the country, and it is a joy to see the Word of God encouraging so many.  

I can’t help but thank God for the opportunities He has given us on this tour to share in community with other believers. Parents, prospective students, and alumni are ready to engage with the team, pray for us, and hear how God is working in our lives. Many hearts have been encouraged through the preaching of the Word and worship through song at each event. Believers are being encouraged and unbelievers are introduced to the hope of the gospel for the first time!  

Tags: ,
Posted in: