December 13, 2018 by

Hello. I’m Valerie. (A pretty boring intro I know, but I have to start somewhere). I am currently embracing a typical Thursday night of sitting in the library, avoiding working on a project for one of my classes. The year and a half I have left of school has brought on a small case of senioritis, which has led to a large case of procrastination. However, I am fairly determined to “finish strong” (as my dad always says).

Speaking of my family, when my older brother attended Cedarville ten years ago, he told me that there was an understood rule on campus that when you met someone new, you always ask the same three questions: What’s your name, what’s your major, and where are you from? Everyone asks these questions. Everyone expects these questions. That’s just how we roll.

So here it is: Valerie Link, graphic design, Cincinnati, Ohio. OK, now we officially know each other.

Although I am studying graphic design here at Cedarville, I’d like to think of myself as an aspiring marine biologist. Or environmental scientist. Or oceanographer. All I know is that I’m a huge fan of nature, and I want to do something with that. Of course, I waited until my senior year to realize this, so here I am attempting to finish my degree in graphic design and desperately praying for an opportunity that combines my knowledge of design with my passion for nature.

So besides nature, what else do I like? I’m a huge fan of friendship, tacos, music, painting, quoting movies, and I guess a lot of random things that would take too long to list out. (And who wants to read a long list of hobbies anyway; this isn’t a Tinder profile.)

I guess that sums up my introduction, so I hope to see you all again each week as I share a little bit about what a day in the life of Val looks like.

Tags: , ,
Posted in: ,