July 13, 2020 by

Hello, it’s Katrina again! As I meet with Sting groups and get to know some of you, I am getting more and more excited for you all to come to campus for Getting Started! 

Since you know the basic facts about me already, here are some even more random things. I love to laugh at and make dad jokes, regardless of the fact that I’m not a guy or a parent. Also, one of my favorite things to do is play ping pong! My brothers and I play just about every time we’re together, and I also love to participate in the intramural ping pong tournaments on campus. (P.S. I’m always down to play if you want to challenge me when we get back to campus!)

Over the summer, the STING team has been planning for your arrival to campus! Since this has been a very unique year, it’s given us an opportunity to transform and update the Getting Started weekend. Check out this video below of some reminders from STING: 

Here are some of the updates we’ve made to Getting Started this year.

• Yellow Jacket Prep: This is a brand new Canvas course that works as an easy-to-use website. It compiles the information you need to know for being a Cedarville student with topics such as involvement and dorm life, but it also provides the basic information such as how to connect to the wifi or how to use Cedarprint. You will have access to this course on July 13th, so keep an eye out for that in your Cedarville email! 
  • Drive-through registration: This is a touchless system that will be a quick and simple way to receive your key and ID. You will enter campus on University Blvd. and follow the signs while being cheered on by Sting leaders to get to the registration area. 
  • STING group meetings: We have provided the opportunity for you to meet your STING group before actually getting to campus. I’ve been part of several super fun meetings so far where great connections have been made; I love to see you guys already becoming friends! Look out for an email with a Google Calendar invitation from one of us on the Summer Team for your next meeting.

I am so excited for you to get to experience all the things that we’ve been planning! Start packing and see you soon!

Katrina Tucker | STING Director

Tags: , , ,
Posted in: , , , ,