December 4, 2020 by

You may be wondering what a ‘reverse bucket list’ is? Well, take everything you know about a regular bucket list and toss it: a reverse bucket list is a list of things you have already done, things you’re proud of, and things that have made you, you! As I approach my final semester at Cedarville, I want to reflect on some of my most memorable and impactful decisions I’ve made as a Yellow Jacket:

Pursued My Passion

In my small town, there weren’t too many opportunities for rising photographers. None of my friends really viewed photography as anything more than a perfectly posed selfie. However, once I came to Cedarville, dozens of doors opened for me to pursue my photography dream. Orgs such as CU Photography encouraged me to reach out and make friends who shared similar interests and wanted to step outside the box! Photographers like Adam Pflederer and Jono Spear also inspired me to be creative and hone my skills with my Nikon! I was even able to put those skills to use and photograph events like The New Student Talent Show and orgs like the pro-life group CU Student for Life.

Found My ‘Core Four’

The best advice that my favorite professor gave me while I was a freshman was this: “Take a look around you … these are the people who you are going to be living with and relying on while you are at Cedarville. They are not just your classmates; they are your colleagues and friends.” I met my best friend my freshman year; Abigail Jenks reflects a love for Christ and others in everything she does. And through Abby, I was introduced to Lea Brenner, Brooke Twitchell, and Natasha Dobson (all equally wonderful women of God who push me to live for Him!). Today, you will find us at Maddox, watching Disney+ while trying to study, or sharing our devotionals over a coffee. As a student at Cedarville, I’ve met some of the most uplifting and impactful people and some of my best friends for life!

-Photo taken in 2019-

Initiated With Lambda Pi Eta and Hired with Miracle!

One of my biggests accomplishments while a student at Cedarville has been my induction into the Nu NU chapter of Lambda Pi Eta. Lambda Pi Eta is the National Communication Association’s Honor Society, where communication students are recognized for outstanding academic achievement. All of my favorite professors were at the induction ceremony: Dr. Elliott, Dr. Harris, and Prof. Green made me and my fellow com students feel like we, and those in our major, could make a difference. This year, I also have the privilege of working as an editor with Cedarville’s Miracle yearbook. Our team of creatives make each class’ yearbook one to remember! Being an editor has helped me along my career path in virtual communication, opening other positions and getting me excited for my future.

-Photo taken in 2019-  (Student for life picture for public relations)

I hope hearing some of my Reverse Bucket List items will inspire you to reflect and write some of your own!

Tags: , ,
Posted in: ,