July 2, 2020 by

Dear Future Yellow Jackets,

My name is Sarah Igleheart, and I will be serving as the Senior Class President this year. I am entering my final year at Cedarville, which is bittersweet as I look ahead. I have really enjoyed the experience and opportunities that Cedarville has offered me during the past three years. I am pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications and was born and raised in the small town of Hartville, Ohio. Cedarville has quickly become a place that I call home. I think you, too, will find that Cedarville will be a new home. 

A group of female resident assistants pose with welcome signs in front of Printy Hall.

A huge part of my Cedarville experience has been residence hall life. I have loved living in Printy Hall for all three of my years on campus. Last year I was an RA and I have really loved making my dorm room my own each year!

Here are a few tips for getting your room set up:

• Use Command hooks or Command picture hanging strips to make decorating easy.
  • Use hot glue to hang certain things on the walls; it doesn’t damage the cinder block walls!
  • Do not feel like your room needs to be perfect on move-in day; you will gather ideas from others in your dorm and be able to brainstorm with your roommate.
  • Bring a few photos of your family or friends back home, but be prepared to add new photos of your new Cedarville friends :).
  • Talk to your RA on move-in day about the best way to set up your room. If you’re worried about the small space, remember that many have gone before you.

A bed and desk sit side-by-side, a shelving unit sits on top of the desk, holding multiple books and other decorations.

We also get a lot of questions about bed risers. Bed risers are fancy little things that go on the legs of your bed to give you room. Not all Cedarville beds naturally rise so many students use bed risers to accommodate. Bed risers can be made out of anything from wood to PVC pipes. The most important thing when considering bed risers is to make sure they are stable and fit the measurement requirements. You can make custom bed risers or consider using PVC pipe to raise your bed. Make sure to talk to your RA or other future Yellow Jackets for tips about bed risers! They are sure handy.

A duvet-covered bed, raised by bed risers with an organization unit beneath the bed.

Dorm life is special and fun! Prepare to make it your own and bring your home and personality to it!! I have loved living in the dorms every year and have formed close friendships to walk through life together. I remember how intimidating it is to be a freshman, but it is so rewarding to look back and see the ways that I have been stretched and grown. Deep community will be built through living in the dorms. My friends in the dorm have consistently pushed me to have a greater love for the Lord and His Word. 

A group of female students pose together for a picture in front of a brick wall.

I look forward to your arrival on campus this fall! See you so soon!

Sarah Igleheart | Class 2021 President

Tags: , , ,
Posted in: , , ,