The first year of the Center for Pharmacy Innovation has been a great success. The Center seeks to identify creative solutions, provide educational initiatives, and promote patient advocacy that positively impact patients and expand the pharmacist’s role as part of a collaborative healthcare team. In order to accomplish this mission, the Center has undertaken a number of key interventions to help us accomplish our goals. See below for highlights of the work of the Center.
Encourage Interprofessional Collaboration
- The School of Pharmacy’s Innovation Advisory Group was established. Among the members are experts and leaders in ambulatory care, concierge pharmacy services, industry, managed care, oncology, pain and palliative care, pharmacogenomics, pharmacy law, legislative advocacy, and healthcare leadership.
- A number of strategic partnerships are being forged to expand the impact of the Center.
Support Faculty and Student Innovators
- The Center supported two students and one faculty member as participants at the MIT Grand Hack in New York City. The students were able to collaborate with a diverse set of innovators from all over the world with the aim of designing novel solutions to tackle problems in public health and patient care.
Foster Success in Research and Healthcare Quality Improvement
- A partnership with Public Health of Dayton and Montgomery County was established to pilot a project utilizing academic detailing as an intervention to change opioid prescribing habits among providers in the area.
- A group of faculty and students are exploring how pharmacists are providing advanced clinical services within Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) clinics in the United States.
Ongoing research exploring the use of protein-based molecules aimed at promoting a balanced approach to blood vessel survival in patients with vascular impairments continues.
Provide Entrepreneurship Training for Pharmacy Students
- A new cohort of students and staff members have entered the Entrepreneurship Training Program.
- Two educational events for Cedarville University pharmacy students were hosted to train our students in entrepreneurship and innovation.
If you are interested in learning more about the work of the Center or joining us as a partner, visit our Center for Pharmacy Innovation website.
Posted in: Uncategorized