Security TechTalk and Duo Setup – New Video Posted!
Join the 200+ faculty and staff who have already secured their accounts with Duo Two-Factor Authentication (TFA). If you missed the Security TechTalk hosted by IT in June, you can now view the session as a series of short videos within Atomic Learning.
To view the security videos:
- Log in to Atomic Learning using your CedarNet username and password (cedarville.edu/atomiclearning).
- Locate the “My Campus Training” tab.
- Click the link for “TechTalk: Duo Two-Factor Authentication (TFA). Secure Your CedarNet and Google Accounts.”
- Click the title of a video to view it.
Redwood Upgrade Successful
The Redwood server was successfully migrated to new hardware over the weekend. If you experience any issues with systems which rely on data from the Redwood server (e.g., CedarInfo, Colleague, CUCMS, Informer, and the Maintenance Work Order system), please report the problem using an online technology request.
Windows Updates – Thurs. 7/23
The Network and Infrastructure Services team will perform monthly Windows server maintenance between 5:30 – 7:00 a.m. this Thursday, 7/23. You may notice a brief outage with the main web server, as well as intermittent access to the Google mail login page.
Important Future Dates
- Used Computer Sale (7/30, 7/31) – Used University desktop computers, 22″ monitors, and laptop systems are still available for sale. Either view system specifications or order now for best selection.
- Virtual Lab (VLab) – VLab maintenance is scheduled for 6:00 – 9:00 a.m. on 7/28. VLab houses select CedarNet software available to student-owned laptops. VLab and its associated software will be unavailable during the scheduled maintenance.
- Moodle Rosters (7/31) – The rosters for all students enrolled in fall online classes will be uploaded on 7/31.
- CedarNet Username Change (8/7) – Recently married? Username too long? The CedarInfo transaction to request a change in your username is located under “Individual Transactions.” The deadline for requesting changes this semester is Friday, August 7. The actual changes will be made on the morning of Monday, August 10.
Congratulations Duo Contest Winners!
Congratulations to the following faculty and staff who set up Duo Two-Factor Authentication, and were randomly selected as winners in the recent contest:
- Sara Smith – Bluetooth speaker
- Brenna Christensen – Tile
- Roscoe Smith – Digital picture frame
- Cindy Weir – Wireless mini keyboard
- Tim Heaton – Digital luggage scale
An IT staff member will deliver your prize within the next two weeks.