Spring Moodle Sections – 10/15/14
Spring 2015 Moodle class sections will be created Wednesday morning, October 15. All faculty and Center for Teaching and Learning staff will have access to the spring Moodle courses starting in the afternoon.
National Cyber Security Month – October
- Information technology is sponsoring chapel slides during the month of October with hints and guidance on staying cyber-safe.
- There are still a few spaces left in the Cyber Safety for Work and Home facstaff training class being offered on 10/31. Preregistration is required.
- If you would like more information about online security, please visit the National Cyber Security website.
Technical Help Resources
Information technology is committed to providing timely technical support through multiple channels. We want to encourage you to contact IT if you need assistance using any of the following methods:
|Online IT Request||www.cedarville.edu/itr||Report University hardware problems. Request programming changes, reports, and network account permissions.|
|TechHelp Pages||www.cedarville.edu/techhelp||Self-service answers. Search 400+ help pages covering software, technology and mobile device topics.|
|TechHelp Email||TechHelp@cedarville.edu||Receive an answer to your technology question within 24 hours.|
|TechStop Center||www.cedarville.edu/techstop||Walk-in support and wireless setup for personal hardware and mobile devices.|
|Computer Labs||www.cedarville.edu/computerlab||Walk up and ask an IT student worker during evening and weekend lab hours.|
|@cedarvilleIT||Follow IT on twitter for breaking news and alerts|
|TechNews and TechAlert Emails||—||Receive occasional email updates on upcoming campus technology changes and planned outages.|
|IT Help Desk (phone support)||937-766-7905||Call IT for password resets and other IT questions and requests. Phone answered 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. during the academic year. After hours, leave message for widespread outages and/or time-sensitive issues.|
Atomic Learning - Quick and Easy Access to Tech Training Videos
Through a partnership with Atomic Learning you have access to over 50,000 short video tutorials (1-3 minutes each) covering over 205 different software and other technology applications. These videos are available 24/7 for your convenience. If you have a few minutes during fall break…
- Go to Cedarville’s Atomic Learning website
- Log in with your CedarNet username and password
- Search for a topic (e.g., Google Drive, iPad, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
- Watch a video. Learn something new.
Are you an iPad user? Download the Atomic Learning app for easy access to technology videos.