1. Help Pages
  2. IT Service Center
  3. Contact Us
  4. AV Services
  5. Buying/Selling
  6. CedarNet Accounts
  7. Cell Phone Plans
  8. Computer Labs
  9. Employment
  10. Guest Network Access
  11. IT Blog
  12. Mailing Groups (PDF)
  13. Mobile Apps
  14. New Computers
  15. Technology FAQ
  16. Wireless Access
April 27, 2021

Student H: Drive Migration to OneDrive

For many years, most of Cedarville’s files have been stored in network drives. These drives, usually known by their alphabet soup of drive letters (i.e., H:, J:, S: or T:) are automatically made available on any University-provided computer after login, but perform poorly today in a world of mobile-first, always-on computing.

During the Summer of 2021, Cedarville University Information Technology will be retiring its venerable and obsolete network drives in favor of OneDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage platform integrated with Office 365.

Student H: drive files will be migrated automatically. Content currently provided through the S: Drive, T: drive, or J: drive will be migrated when the department that controls that data is migrated to OneDrive.

Q: I have files on my H: drive that I don’t want to lose! What do I do?

A: Good news! Information Technology will migrate your H: Drive files to OneDrive during the first week of May, 2021. H: Drive information will appear in a folder named “Migrated_H_Drive” in your OneDrive.

Q: Can I start using OneDrive now?

A: Yep. Click this link to get started: Open My OneDrive

Q: What if there are files missing after the migration?

A: The migration tool Information Technology uses will generate reports on any files that fail to migrate. Information Technology will contact you directly with instructions on how to resolve these issues and make sure you have access to all your files.

Q: What happens to my H: Drive after the migration?

A: Your H: drive will stick around for 30 days after the migration in case problems come up, and you will be able to get files from it (but not make new files or make changes to the files that are currently there).

For additional details, go to Migrate Files to OneDrive (H: Drive migration).

Posted in: ,