The Network Team successfully moved all campus phones to a new server last night. However, some phones are not yet being recognized by the VoIP service. Some reported symptoms are:
1. You have a dial tone but are unable to place or receive calls.
2. Your phone reads “Unavailable.”
3. The phone icons are black instead of white.
As a precaution, we recommend all phone users restart their phone. To restart your phone:
1. Press the [Menu] button
2. Use the down-arrow button and locate “3. Settings…”
3. Press the checkmark button to select that option
4. Press the checkmark button to select “1. Basic…”
5. Use the down-arrow button and locate “5. Restart Phone…”
6. Press the checkmark button to select that option > Press [Yes] when prompted
Your phone will restart. If you do not have the above options on your office phone, please unplug the power from your phone and then plug it back in again for the same effect.
Posted in: TechAlert