Stronger CedarNet Password Requirements
On March 18, information technology will implement new password requirements to increase CedarNet account security.
New CedarNet passwords will be case-sensitive. In addition, your new CedarNet password must contain:
- A minimum of 8 characters
- At least one alphabetical and one numeric character
- Optional: may include upper case letters and special characters
Also beginning March 18, CedarNet password expiration policies will go into effect. All faculty and staff must change their CedarNet password through CedarInfo before April 21, 2014. Your new CedarNet password must adhere to the password strength requirements listed above.
- Faculty and staff CedarNet passwords will expire 360 days from your last password change.
- CedarNet passwords for information technology and business office staff will expire 180 days from your last password change.
Used Computer Sale – FacStaff
Faculty and staff interested in purchasing a used computer system (desktop computers include a 22-inch flat screen monitor) from the University will have the opportunity to reserve a system online beginning May 5.
Payment is due at the time of pickup. Computer pickup is available on select dates throughout the summer. Please view your University email for system specifications, pricing and warranty information.
Posted in: TechNews