Prizes for Two-Factor Security Set Up – before Wednesday 7/16
Faculty and staff who protect their University account with Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) before 7/16/15 will be entered in a drawing for one of five prizes:
- Digital Picture Frame
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Tile (for finding lost items)
- Wireless Mini Keyboard
- Digital luggage scale
Learn more about the benefits of Two-Factor Authentication (TFA). Protect your University account from unauthorized use. Set up TFA on your Cedarville account today using the Set Up and Use TFA help page. Coming soon … video training over Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) and other security topics.
Used Computer Sale – Online Ordering is Open!
Used desktop computers (Windows 7), laptops (Windows Vista), and 22″ monitors are available for sale.
- View system and monitor availability, specifications, warranty, and pricing at the Used Computer Sale website.
- Choose a pick up date of July 16, 17, 30, or 31 between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-order a used computer or monitor using the Used Computer Sale online order form.
- Pay when you pick up your system by cash, check, or credit card.
Moodle 2.9 Upgrade – Tuesday 7/7
The Moodle learning management system (online courses) will be upgraded to version 2.9 between 6:00 – 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 7. All Moodle resources and content will be inaccessible during this time.
- A summary of the new Moodle 2.9 features is available from the Moodle Support Pages.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is already familiar with Moodle version 2.9.
- Questions about Moodle usage may be directed to Lauren Eissler in the CTL.
Important Future Dates – Redwood Upgrade, Windows Updates, and Fall Student Moodle Upload
Please make note of the following upcoming dates. More details will become available as the dates get closer.
- Redwood Upgrade (7/17 starting at 3:00 p.m.) The Redwood server will be migrated to new hardware beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 17. This migration will take approximately 9-12 hours and during this time any system or service that derives it’s data from the Redwood server will not function. Systems affected include: CedarInfo, Colleague, CUCMS, Informer, and the Maintenance Work Order system. More information regarding this upgrade will be sent out as we get closer to the date; however, feel free to contact Scott Howder (937-766-7905) with questions.
- Windows Updates (7/23, 8/20) Monthly Windows server maintenance is scheduled from 5:30 – 7:00 a.m. on these dates. You may notice a brief outage with the main web server, as well as intermittent access to the Google mail login page.
- Moodle Rosters (7/31) The rosters for all enrolled pharmacy students were uploaded today (7/1). All other students enrolled in fall online classes will be uploaded on 7/31.
Posted in: TechNews